30 August 2006

Sir Lionel in, "Keeps Opening His Blooming Mouth" horror!


Glorious leader, Sir Lionel Blair, has yet again caused phenomenal embarrassment to his beleagured front-line troops as they try to patrol their areas preventing crime and the fear of crime, by suggesting [shudder at the very idea] that parts of Haringey were now safe enough for people to leave their doors open. Has he ANY idea how humiliating it is to be on the streets being mocked for every faux pas that he makes? I mean, you have to show some loyalty to your superiors, thin blue line and all that, but really, he does make it hard.

"Hello Officer, I am leaving my flat for a while now. Should I just leave the door unlocked as this area is now so safe?"
"No sir, I strongly advise you to double-lock and use your security gate, just like you normally do"
"Oh, so Your Boss is wrong then about how safe we are? Eh? EH??"

[thinking hard about who I would like to slap on the top of the head with a copy of Police Review more - My Boss or this sarcastic little muppet....]

"You may say that but I couldn't possibly comment". [ I then smile, as I suspect Mr Muppet won't get the rather clever cultural reference. He doesn't disappoint]

At least it makes a change from, "So, you going off to shoot some innocent Tube passengers then?"
[in my head I reply..."of course not, they won't even give me a gun, the buggers"] Some day I will just walk towards them, and, in the style of the old record, the Laughing Policeman, start a chorus of...
OH ho ho ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa
WOOOOH HOO HOO ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa
OH HO HO ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa
WOOH HOO HOO. WOO HOO ho ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

...and then just walk away.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sergeant Simon said...

I find it considerably easier to simply slate any politician and tell any member of the public that really they don't have the faintest idea what they're talking about.

And you know what? Nobody has ever disagreed.

22 September, 2006 15:24  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"They won't give me a gun the buggers"

Oh if only you could get away with saying that.

Great blog.

29 September, 2006 12:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My views are my own and would probably not endear me to my dear employers.