17 April 2007

Wee confession

Okay, it's time I came out. I've been blagging it for months now, pretending I was something I'm not; pretending I knew things I clearly didn't. I've tried looking it up, researching in the background so that I wasn't embarrassed talking "professionally" about things about which I knew - exactly - nip.

So exactly what the hell are the "basket of 10" crimes from the British Crime Survey? I spent hours online the other day trying to find this out. I looked up the obvious - looked at the MPS's, Counties' and Home Office's web-sites and all to no avail. I've Googled the obvious links and am now. Totally. Frustrated.

Answers crayoned in a pocket-book please at the address below (Comments).
PC "Frustrated" Bitseach.

7 Comments:

Blogger Annette said...

I haven't got a clue either.
I've tried looking it up, but got nothing at all.
Perhaos somebody out there can explain what it is.

19 April, 2007 21:36  
Blogger Officer Dibble said...

I prefer the expression 'We are going to Hell in a basket' crimes.

I still dont know what they are...

But it rolls off the tongue easier and it makes me feel better saying it!

23 April, 2007 04:32  
Blogger Bitseach said...

none of my learned colleagues know, text-books on such matters mention the BCS but not their baskets, lawyer friends - no clue either.

Are we all just making this stuff up? Today, the Emperor's New Clothes Award goes to..... ME!

23 April, 2007 14:34  
Blogger McNoddy said...

Apologies but as a Scot our crime types are a bit different, but I think the ten can be found listed here.

23 April, 2007 23:54  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not the BCS comparator crimes stuff is it?

22 June, 2007 22:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, I think it is

Theft of a vehicle
Theft from a vehicle
Vehicle interference
Domestic burglary
Theft of cycle
Theft from a person
Criminal damage
Common assault
Woundings
Robbery

What would I know, I'm only a bloody analyst, you don't think we understand this stuff either do you?

22 June, 2007 22:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

surely it's harrasment at no1 the he/she slagged me off by text message type.

the other 9 will be assorted piffle

22 July, 2007 08:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My views are my own and would probably not endear me to my dear employers.